The hospital.... A small rural hospital in a small Missouri town, it was originally the Durley Hotel, built in 1892. It was evidently a lively place for social gatherings in Appleton City, and President Taft even spent the night there. The hotel was purchased in 1934 by Dr. Ellet, and used as a hospital until 1974 when a new hospital was built. In 1994, the building was bought again and carefully restored. It now has rooms to rent as well as several apartments, and the large dining room is sometimes used for special events. What a long and interesting history!