Hi Everyone! Allow me to introduce myself and explain the mission of this new IG blog.
I’m Dr. Kylie Guerra an Emergency Medicine Physician (ER doc). I’m also a Navy wife and new mom. I work at a trauma center and at an urban community hospital in Virginia Beach/Norfolk. The best part for me is working with residents & students!
Y’all this journey is tough, and it will suck your soul if you let it! BUT it doesn’t have to be that way. You don’t have to give up your health to take care of the health of others. Did you hear that? I hope so. Thats why I want to dedicate this blog to maintaining WELLNESS IN MEDICINE <— That means you! Taking care of yourself, so you can thrive, not just survive. So you don’t burnout and can have a long, rewarding career. It’s a long road, so we might as well enjoy it, right?!
I want to share my struggles, triumphs, tips and tricks from pre-med, med school, residency and now attending life to help inspire, mentor and encourage YOU along your journey.
Welcome! Please Follow and to kick this off lets get to know each other a little better.
Here’s 5 facts about me:
1. I took 3 years off before starting med school to try out every other career I was interested in from training professional athletes, sales, scribe. funny enough, bartending is what actually prepared me best for EM 🤫
2. I only had 1 interview for medical school. That’s what happens when you move out of Texas and lose your in-state status after AMCAS closed. Luckily, someone told me about DO schools…Holla!
3. I was accepted to PA school the same year as med school. That was a tough decision.
4. I was a bikini competitor in medical school. No elimination dieting, accelerators, or quick fixes. Just good ole clean eating and regular exercise and poof I felt better and more energized than any other time in my life.
5. I’ve been thinking about doing this whole blog since medical school, but was too worried about other people’s opinions/criticisms, so I kept making excuses. Thanks to those who had the courage and inspired me (tagged). .
Tell me something about you, where are you on your medical journey? Tag a friend to join us! #docblog