To embark on a journey of solar array requires major planning and understanding of what you want base on your roof size and your pocket$$ size, and your dream size.
What do you need?
These are the parts of a grid-tie system, in order:
1. Solar Modules (aka PV Panels) collect energy from the sun and turn it into direct current.
2. Power Inverter turns the DC from the panels into AC that your appliances can use.
3. PV Disconnect lets you cut off power so that you can work on the system without electrocuting yourself.
4. Your home's breaker box is where the solar energy connects to your house.
5. Net meter connects your house to the grid, measuring how much power you take from - or give to - the power grid at large.
Solar panels, racking, inverters, and more could be bought from many sources such as SolarTown. Solar energy can also be sold in packages that include panels, racking, and the inverter at a reasonable price to last you for years. For example, a 5kW system could cost $35,000 according to sources.