“What three words do you think of when you hear ‘Climate change’?
– Global warming, that’s two words… and Plastic.
– I guess it’s gotta be ‘About damn time’. Not damn time because it’s climate change, but damn time, people in society take some interest in it.
– I guess the first one is flooding, randomly. I suppose it’s not random is it, you hear a lot about flooding. Change. It’s literally that unknown feeling, and riskiness. I suppose yeah, it’s all those three things.
– I think of economy, usury and justice.
– Deforestation, plastic, icebergs.
– Uncertainty about the future. Destruction, of our natural environment. And, sadness really I know that’s not really related specifically, but it makes me sad when I hear about climate change.
– I hear negative growth. Because that’s the only way we’ll be able to attain the objectives in energy savings that we need to make. I hear mass migration. Consequence, direct. And I hear policies.
– I would say… threat. Because of people’s lives, and environments being threatened by it. Scary, because it’s a big challenge and although we know a lot of the solutions, actually getting there is going to be quite difficult and a challenge for us. But also, opportunity would be my third one, because it’s a great opportunity to build not just a lower carbon future, but also a better future.”
Join the conversation by commenting below or getting in touch with us directly: email@example.com.
Views expressed by individuals are those of the public alone and not of Leeds City Council, the Leeds Climate Commission or of Leeds Digital Drinks.
#climatechange #globalwarming #environment #climate #sustainability #nature #savetheplanet #climatechangeisreal #climateaction #earth #fridaysforfuture #zerowaste #climatestrike #ecofriendly #gogreen #pollution #green #plasticfree #sustainable #climatecrisis #climatejustice #eco #art #recycle #vegan #gretathunberg #renewableenergy #noplanetb #bethechange