i’ve heard it a hundred times - “every day you should go off somewhere by yourself, for any amount of time, and just be. no phone, no distractions, just you and your surroundings.”
i’ve heard it a hundred times yet it’s still not something i do.
well my morning today consisted of:
- chasing around a toddler who only wanted to run free throughout the house tearing up everything in sight
- trying to contain said toddler only to result in a breakdown full of screaming & tears
- getting the house back in order from last night’s partayyy, while also cleaning up the many additional messes from the toddler
- spending 15 minutes outside with mike and raelee enjoying the beautiful day. only to come in to find daisy had knocked all three house plants off the window sill which landed on the bed and COVERED it in soil and plant limbs. she also found the s’mores sticks from last night and chewed them up, leaving pieces of sticks throughout the entire house ♀️
- cleaning up above mentioned mess
- trying to get raelee + myself ready for the boat only to give up entirely and just put her to bed
needless to say i was feeling alllll types of stressed + overwhelmed. so today I decided to listen to the advice. I drove to the trail closest to my house, found a nice bench staring out at the pond, turned my phone on silent, pulled out my stress away oil, and just observed. i watched the birds fly over the water, the lily pads blow in the wind, the clouds move passed overhead, the geese stroll around, a mother and daughter fishing. I just soaked in the sun & breeze and did nothing but be.
y’all... life is crayy. + it isn’t getting any easier anytime soon. we spend all of our time trying to be everything to everybody and we just drive ourselves crazy in the meantime. find what works for you to slow it all down and just enjoy the crazy. for me it’s being outside with all things nature