Thank You @briggsfreeman for allowing me to share one of my many passions! #cyclist #dallastrails #cycling #whiterocklake #whiterocktrail #sopactrail #mockingbirdpedestrianbridge #flagpolehill #ridgewoodtrail #katytrail #santafetrail #deepellum #briggsfreeman #dallasrealtor
As a resident of East Dallas and avid cyclist, real estate agent Lauren von Rosenberg knows a thing or two about biking in Dallas. Here she shares her favorite trails to get her wheels spinning.
1. White Rock Lake Trail, as a resident of East Dallas, is my favorite and only 2 miles from my home. It’s an easy way to get ten miles is the heart of our Dallas trails system.
2. Peddling to Flag Pole Hill and then to SoPac Trail is a great way to add distance to my ride while staying in the shade. It’s especially nice on a warmer day to help keep cool.
3. On weekends, when I want to cover more ground, I jump on the Ridgewood Trail from SoPac, which links me to the Mockingbird Pedestrian Bridge. From there I’m able to get over to Katy Trail using Monticello Avenue.
4. One of the coolest places in our trail system is where the South end of the SoPac trail connects to the SantaFe Trail. There are a lot of stop signs along the way so, it’s not meant for speed. However, it will take you all the way to Deep Ellum on a day when you just want to cruise.
5. My all-time favorite route, and one I’ve used for many years, is the White Rock Creek Trail combined with the White Rock Lake loop. Whether you start at the top or the bottom, and go back, you manage to get in almost 18 miles each way!