Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
1. In a deep pot cook 1 lb sliced chicken breast for about 2 mins on all sides, then take out of the pot.
2. Sautée 1 chopped onion, and 4 sliced carrots, in 2tbsp sesame oil for about 5 mins.
3. Add 4 tbsp red curry paste, 3 tbsp grated ginger, 4 minced garlic cloves to the pot, and cook for 2 more mins.
4. Add the chicken and 5 cups chicken broth, 2 cans of coconut milk, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tbsp minced dried basil, and 2 tbsp honey to the pot.
5. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer for 15-20 mins.
6. Remove chicken from the pot and shred it.
7. Add shredded chicken, 1 cup mushrooms, 4-5oz vermicelli noodles, and 1 cup bite sized cauliflower florets to pot.
8. Cook for about 5 mins or until noodles are al dente.
9. Stir in juice from 1/2 a lime, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, and 1 tbsp of sriracha.
Serve with desired toppings (crushed peanuts, sesame seeds, cilantro, lime wedges)