Use a ratio of 2 cups water for every 1 cup of dry lentils.⠀
1. On the stove, over high heat, bring lentils and water to a boil in an uncovered pot. ⠀
2. Then, stir, cover, and reduce heat to lightly simmer. You’ll want to see only a few small bubbles and slight movement in the lentils. ⠀
3. For green or brown lentils, they will take a little longer about 20-40 minutes. ⠀
4. For red lentils, can take as little as 10 minutes. ⠀
5. Check periodically, and add more water, if necessary. ⠀
Lentils should be tender with a slight bite, but not crunchy when they have finished cooking.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia