PEANUT BUTTER COCONUT OATMEAL COOKIES by @beamingbaker
Dry Ingredients • 1 ½ cups gluten free rolled oats • ½ cup gluten free oat flour • ½ cup almond meal • 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes or shreds • ¾ teaspoon baking soda • ¾ teaspoon baking powder • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon • ¼ teaspoon salt
Wet Ingredients • 1 cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter • ¼ cup melted coconut oil • ½ cup coconut sugar • ¼ cup pure maple syrup • 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 mins) • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, almond meal, coconut, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: peanut butter, coconut oil, sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla.
4. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well incorporated.
5. Scoop 2 tablespoon-sized cookie dough balls onto the cookie sheet, spaced evenly apart. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness—they won’t spread much during baking.
6. Bake for 10-14 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, gently lift and transfer cookies to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.