Instant Pot Minestrone Soup is what’s for dinner! I threw this in the Instant Pot, set the timer and delay, and took my kiddos to swim class. When we returned there was a delicious hot dinner just waiting! It’s #dairyfree 👏🏻 it’s #glutenfree 👏🏻 it’s #vegan (using vegetable broth instead of bone broth) 👏🏻 and I’m willing to bet you already have all the ingredients on hand! Follow the recipe as follows to comfort food heaven.
2 tbsp lard or olive oil
2 stalks celery diced
1 large onion diced
1 large carrot diced
3 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
salt and pepper to taste
28 oz San Marzano crushed tomatoes
15 oz can or about 2 cups freshly cooked, drained white or cannellini beans
4 cups bone broth or vegetable broth
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup fresh spinach or kale without the rib torn into shreds
1 cup gluten-free elbow pasta or shell pasta
1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese omit for vegan option
1-2 tbsp fresh pesto optional
1. Set Instant Pot to saute mode. Add olive oil, onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Mix until softened.
Add basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
2. If canned tomatoes are still whole, pulse tomatoes and liquid in can in a food processor or blender for a few seconds to dice tomatoes.
3. Add tomatoes, bone broth, spinach or kale, bay leaf, and pasta. Close lid and set to manual high pressure (HP) for 6 minutes. It will take about 8 minutes for the Instant Pot to reach high pressure, then it will cook for 6 minutes.
4. When timer goes off, let sit for 1-2 minutes. Then set to quick release to vent steam.
5. Remove lid and add white kidney beans.
6. Serve in bowls and garnish with parmesan cheese and a dollop of pesto.
#smartfoodchoices #tastemade #onthetable #heresmyfood #instayum #foodpic #foodlover #foodielife #foodiesofinstagram #foodiegram #foodgasm #foodbeast #eeeeeats #eatfamous #dailyfoodfeed #delicious #droolclub #eatwell #foodaddict #healthylifestyle #healthymeal #healthyeating #healthydiet #healthyfood #plantbased #veganfoodlovers #fooddiary via @preview.app