Looks delish! We love this delicious recipe from our IG follower
Looking for a yummy side dish that goes well with just about anything, can be taken to a bbq, a picnic, or a dinner party for a side dish, eaten cold or warm, and will make the vegans, vegetarians, and gluten sensitive people happy? Look no further!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Enjoy this gluten-free version of tabbouleh. Quinoa is well tolerated by most people, including those with many food sensitivities. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
This recipe can be downsized for less people, and it can easily be modified adding in any vegetables you enjoy. Avocado makes a wonderful addition as well!
Makes about 6, ½-cup servings
Source: Amy Stanford Nutrition
2 cups soaked and cooked quinoa
2 cups chicken broth (Imagine Organic or homemade, use vegetable broth if vegan or vegetarian)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1 cucumber (chopped finely)
1 bunch green onions (chopped finely)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1-pint cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Chopped fresh basil, thyme, and rosemary to taste⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2 tsp. olive oil⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Juice of 1 lemon⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Salt and pepper to taste⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. Place one-cup quinoa in a bowl and cover with water. Soak overnight.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. Rinse and drain quinoa
3. Add quinoa and 2 cups chicken broth to pot. Bring to boil. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
4. Wash and chop cucumber, green onions, cherry tomatoes, basil, thyme, and rosemary.
5. In a large bowl combine chopped herbs and vegetables with cooked quinoa and mix.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
6. Add lemon juice and olive oil, mix
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Can be served immediately or chilled for a few hours or overnight. Flavors will be enhanced if chilled overnight before serving.
#holisticnutrition #holistichealth #holistichealing #certifiednutritionconsultant #healingautism #autismrecovery #nourishinghopemom #taca #talkaboutcuringautism #specialdiets #healingdiets #foodprep #nourishing #organic #aut