The theme for day 7 of #LivingPranaVida is #wastefreeday . #zerowaste is a topic that I’ve been interested in for years, without knowing that there is an expression for it. Especially reducing the use of plastic has been close to my heart since becoming a mom nearly five years ago (omg, feeling old!). But the more I learn, the more I realise how much waste I produce, sometimes without even thinking about it. The good thing though, is that the little things count and the more I know, the more I can improve.
Like in the pictures:
1. I’ve started to bring cotton bags for fruits and veggies when grocery shopping. BUT, I just as often forget them, AND, most organic produce is pre-wrapped in loads of plastic.
2. I’ve quit using plastic toothbrushes and try to be conscious about the toothpaste, BUT I still use liquid (organic) hand soap that comes in a plastic bottle.
3. I nearly always bring my own mug for coffee, or take my own cup down to the cafe at work. The girl working there is used to it now and even gives me a discount for that, BUT, I often forget my afternoon snack at home so I buy a smoothie in the cafe, which comes in a plastic cup...
4. I don’t use plastic foil anymore. Bee’s wrap works just as good, or
5. plates on plates...
6. Zero waste cleaning can be a challenge until you realise that (nearly) all you need is water and some cloths. No chemicals, no plastic waste.
Now hit me, what are your best waste reducing hacks?
#plastbanta #earthfriendly #dogood #görvaddukan @pranavidastyle #konsumeramindre #lesswaste #ecoconscious #sustainable #sustainability #hållbarhet