Facts about The Shell Grotto:
1. No one knows who made it (I would hazard to guess women).
2. Or when it was made (it felt ancient).
3. Or how many hands placed the 4.6 MILLION shells upon the walls (we vacillated wildly between the theory of a single artist, due to the consistency of the work, and a family handing down the task generation by generation, due to the enormous scope of the project).
4. It was discovered in 1835 (and we have its history thereafter, including seances, secret societies causing ecological terrorism below, and prayer services; also an entire room fell to a bomb during the war!)
5. A woman has been seen wandering the serpentine halls (we didn’t see her, but we bought an artist’s’ rendering of her!)
6. It was majestic, and holy, and chillingly peaceful. .
I’d go underground with you any day, @imagineshannens, thanks for my last picture, where I became the lady in the halls!