If you could taste this Roasted Cauliflower & Chicken filled Eggplant Lasagna you would call me a genius😏 it’s freaking delicious😻😻😻 I reaaaally wanted eggplant to be included in my meal prep this week and it inspired me to create this recipe. Super easy to make and PACKED with veggies. It’s also low carb/gluten free because I replace the usual lasagna noodles with slices of eggplant. Plus it made enough for Sol and I both to have meal prep for 5 days. I paired mine with a side of broccoli for each day to fit in even more veggies💪🏼😛 recipe details are below #brookesplate .
Roasted Cauliflower & Chicken filled Eggplant Lasagna🍝
- 1 jar of @bovesofvermont basil pasta sauce
- 1 16oz container of ricotta
- 8oz shredded mozzarella
- 2 medium eggplants, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast, cut into half inch pieces
- olive oil
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Sprinkle salt over each side of eggplant slices and let sit for 20 minutes.
3. While waiting for eggplant, toss diced cauliflower with 2 tsp olive oil and salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Spread on a sheet pan and roast for 30 minutes.
4. Put eggplant slices on sheet pans (I needed 2) and roast for 20 minutes.
5. While veggies are roasting, sauté chicken in olive oil with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
6. Once veggies and chicken are thoroughly cooked, lasagna can be assembled.
7. Using a 9 x 13 baking dish a spread enough sauce across the bottom to cover it, I then layer eggplant, enough ricotta to cover the eggplant, and layer of cauliflower and chicken, a layer of sauce over that, and then a layer of mozzarella. Repeat until you’re out of ingredients.
8. Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy😻