• Stressed to the max? •
Stress, if experienced in a consistent basis will undermine your immunity, promote fat storage, reduce energy, impair digestion, inflame the body, cause breakouts, reduce cognition- the list goes on.
Incorporating a stress relieving outlet, in combination with getting plenty of sleep (provided it’s deep sleep) will positively effect the way you manage and respond to stress.
We all know this don’t we, but do we always adhere to it? Probably not.
We all have a particular lifestyle we accept and follow and a way of eating that is underpinned by habits and relationships with food.
From managing stress and increasing immunity to preventing cancer or disease, the lifestyle we choose and habits we form are the most powerful tools we have at our fingertips. Remember that lack of sleep, poor food choices and lack of exercise all cause stress on the body in some form.
When I’m feeling stressed, I’ll usually do one or more of the following:
- Put all tech down and away
- Have a cup of breakfast tea ☕️! (Seriously underrated for stressful times 🙃)
- Get in a yoga session or train my favourite body part
- Cook a hotpot/healing food if it’s physical stress
- If i’m not recovering from workouts I’ll up my protein intake (@missfitsnutrition does an incredible vegan protein powder that I use)
- Listen to @unplugmeditation or an audio book
- Listen to classical music (@ludovico_einaudi is a favourite)
- Spend time with ❤️ ones
- Have a hot bath
- Use reflexology to self-heal
- Call @smcintosh1 (you’re never too old to call your mum!)
What I don’t do:
- Comfort my stress with sugary/salty food
- Get frustrated with myself and ignore my training routine
- Watch low quality, negative programmes on TV
- Drink alcohol / binge drink
- Go on a shopping spree
It’s about loving yourself MORE when you’re stressed, not less.
How do you combat stress?
#stressrelief #stressfree #fitnessmotivation #healthyfood #health #glutenfree #glutenfreerecipes #dairyfree #dairyfreerecipes #manchester #salfordquays #mediacity #photoshoot #fitnessphotography #gymshark #gym #personaltrainer #training #nlppractitioner #nlp #coaching
Media City Salford Quays