Alumni! Hawkins is hiring Bilingual Teaching Assistants. This flexible position is designed for students who want to work up to 30 hours/week. Candidates who are interested in careers in education, social work, public policy and human relations (and more) will gain valuable experience in this role, while providing an essential service to recent immigrant students and their teachers.
Hawkins Bilingual TA’s are essential co-educators in our classrooms. They provide a bridge between English Learners in the following ways:
- Translate instructions and materials
- Assist students in multiple subjects
- Encourage students to stay focused on challenging tasks
- Facilitate Spanish speaking students’ collaboration with peers
- Work with students one on one, in small groups and by leading learning stations
- Assist students in organizing their time and materials
- Learn about students’ assets and help them connect to extracurricular and support systems
- Provide tutoring on early release days
Please send a resume and letter/email of interest to Mr. Arturo Enriquez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
#gohawks #giveback #helpotherssucceed #bilingualeducation