Took this picture in our backyard after we came from church.
What are your Sundays like?
Since I joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 9 years ago, Sundays have been my favorite days. I’ve always loved waking up early in the morning, turning on spiritual music and listening to it as I was putting my Sunday clothes on.
When the little ones come into your life, everything changes. You barely open your eyes in the morning, drag yourself out of bed because you know that your service starts in an hour or even less, jump into the shower for 5 minutes. (Which kills me, I am a long shower taker🧖♂️...5 minutes is not enough). Then you put on your clothes as fast as you can because you have to be out of the door in 5 minutes, dress your kid, sometimes you even put the clothes on inside out, share the microwaved tortilla with your wife 😆, grab some fruit and cookies for your little one, get into the car, although your church building is two blocks away and hope that you make it before the Sacrament starts haha
This is our typical Sunday.
Despite all of that hot mess, Sunday is still my favorite day of the week.
1. As a Christian family we believe in the power of the Sacrament and how important it is for us to renew the covenants we have made with the Lord.
2. We want our kids to be raised in the Gospel. The world today can be a mess, but the Gospel is that ray of light that enlightens the way.
3. Every time when we attend Church, I feel that we are part of a big family, a place where we belong.
4. I love learning from others and hear testimonies of other people.
5. This is our day of rest which helps me prepare spiritually AND physically for the upcoming week.
I don’t care how much time I spent in the shower this morning, I don’t care that I had to get dressed REALLY fast and missed a hole in my pants as I was putting the belt through. I might have looked silly.
What I do care about is that we did what we were supposed to. We put God first and that’s what matters most to us.
Have a blessed Sunday!