(3 of 3) Lastly, the Hijab is a commandment from Allah and a form of worship i.e obedience to Allah. The "hijab fashion" was non-existent till some 10-20 yrs back. They are trying their very best to prove to non-Muslims and Muslims alike that Hijab can be trendy and fashionable.
Beware of a " hijab fashion" that pulls away from the basic message and requirement of the Hijab. Yes, a woman can dress up, look nice, wear beautiful clothes and jewelry but not for the public. And at the end of the day, it's only the pleasure of Allah that we seek.
The Guidelines for the Hijab:
1. The Hijab covers all the adornments infront of non-mahrams, except that which is impossible to conceal.
2. It should not be transparent or see-through i.e clothed but naked, one may be able to make out that which should be concealed.
3. It should not be tight; it should not describe the body parts and shape. It should be loose and wide.
4. It should not be perfumed with bakhoor or fragrance when going outside.
5. It should not resemble the dress of the Kuffar.
6. It should not be a garment of fame and vanity. The Prophet (sallaAllahu alayhi wasalaam) said: Whoever wears a garment of fame and vanity in this world, Allah will clothe him in a garment of humiliation on the Day of Resurrection.
7. It should not be an adornment itself; causing attraction and attention. The Prophet said: Do not prevent the female servants of Allah from attending the mosques of Allah, but let them go out unadorned.
8. It is permissible to wear any colour so long as it does not cause unnecessary attention; hence why many prefer black.
[Hijaab al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah ,p.54-67. Based on the Qur'an and Hadith].
Making part of the Hijab (Khimar; head covering) into a hump is impermissible. The hadith is in the previous post. This is among the current trends i.e enlarging the head piece with cloth and head wraps or wrapping/piling hair, and thus they resemble the humps of camels (as stated in the hadith).
Remember, the Prophet said "religion is easy" so please try not to complicate it for yourself because of what society is doing or what others are doing.