a #cat can spend as much as 50% of their waking time grooming itself or others.
Grooming has a number of purposes.
- To Cleanse Injuries and remove dead skin cell.
- To Hide Scent From Predators. Did you know that their smell is 14 Times more powerful than that of human? So be careful with your #Hygiene .
- To Groom and Lubricate the Coat and Skin; when they groom, their barb-like tongues stimulate the sebaceous glands at the base of their hairs and spread the resultant sebum throughout the hairs.
- To get rid of dirt and parasites such as fleas.
- To cool down on hot days.
- For pleasure as it feels good, and they enjoy it. They will also groom one another (and their human friends) out of what certainly appears to be a desire to share a positive sensation