REAL TALK * What diet do you follow? That's a common question I get asked. We are constantly bombarded with the latest trends in the media- paleo, gluten free, intermittent fasting, macro tracking and the list goes on..
In the wellness industry there is a perception that if you aren't drinking protein shakes, drinking matcha, eating organic foods or killing yourself in the gym, then you are not healthy ENOUGH! .
But you know there is no perfect version of being healthy- it doesn't exist! Each one of us has our own journey with our own set of obstacles to deal with. So healthy means something different for each of us.
As a busy mum of 2 teenage sons (younger one with ADHD and ASD) I like to keep things simple. I have no room for complications in my life- emotionally or physically!
I adopt a balanced approach to my physical and mental well-being. So I like to nourish my body with what makes me feel good. Real food that's uncomplicated! I engage in activities that will challenge me but at the same time enjoy doing.
Here are some truths:
1. I don't count calories or follow a restricted or elimination diet.
2. I love green smoothies, oat bowls and salads but I'm known to indulge in red wine, G & T, dark chocolate or even a slice of carrot cake particularly over the weekend.
3. I hate matcha but love coffee.
4. I'm not a fitness freak who spends hours in the gym- I do a combination of quick home workouts and gym classes that include weights, Piyo, spinning and dance classes. I don't always achieve this in a week but I'm flexible because I'm a mum and life happens!!
5. I practise self-care as best I can by spending time on myself but also being present with my loved ones. My favourite is just entertaining and sharing food with friends.
But I'm human and things don't always go to plan and that's fine with me!
This is my healthy journey and it works most of the time for ME! There is no one size fits all so you need to figure out what works for YOU!
I hope I can inspire you somehow with real food, quick workouts, lifestyle tips and real honest mum talk.
Follow me @angela.poole
#myhealthjourney #keepingitreal #realme #realmum