Buckwheat & Chia Bread (gluten-free and vegan)
If you enjoy traditional German bread that is moist and grainy bread, this easy 2-ingredient, no-rise recipe is for you. Perfect for soups, macro bowls or toasted with your favourite toppings. It is even yummy plain.
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat groats - 1/4 cup chia seeds - 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder .
1. Soak buckwheat for at least two hours
2. Rise buckwheat and set aside
3. Place chia seeds in a bowl with 1 cup of water, stir and leave to sit for 20 min. Add baking powder and salt to chia mixture and stir.
4. Add all ingredients to food processor and blend until smooth-ish. Buckwheat kernels add a nice texture.
5. Place in lined bread pan and bake at 165ºF (330ºC) for 1 hour 25 minutes
6. Store in airtight container to preserve freshness
Take care, Co