(Top) Anti - Inflammatory Foods
Just some foods I ate post-injury to help speed my recovery. All of these foods are rich in antioxidants, so they reduce oxidative stress on the body. Plus each of them has their own unique mix of inflammation fighting elements:
1) Leafy Greens- flavonoids|
2) Bok Choy- choline & antioxidants|
3) Celery- good source of potassium|
4) Beets- potassium & magnesium, helps repair cells|
5) Broccoli- potassium & magnesium, flavonoids, carotenoids|
6) Blueberries- quercetin & anthocyanins|
7) Pineapple- bromelain, vitamin C, B1, potassium & magnesium|
8) Fish Oil- Omega-3 fatty acids;
9) Bone broth- chondroitin, sulphates, glucosamine; plus vitamins & minerals|
10) Walnuts- Omega-3s|
11) Coconut oil|
12) Chia Seeds- 1:1 fatty acid profile|
13) Turmeric- curcumin|
14) Ginger- lowers certain inflamm. processes at cellular level|
15) Hemp Seeds- GLA and 1:1 fatty acid profile. 🍍🥦🥥🥗🍜🐟🌰 (Bottom) Most Inflammatory foods
Most of these foods in general have a high ratio of omega-6 to omega-3’s (inflammatory) ** Average American has a ratio of 20:1 due to these types of foods.
1) Refined Sugar/Flour- Pastries, cereals processed foods—> Insulin spike, more glucose than body can handle (cytokines). 2) Vegetable Oil / high PUFAs- soy, corn, safflower, sunflower, palm oils —> high levels of AGEs (highly inflammatory), go rancid easily.
3) Fried Foods/Fast Foods- most are fried in PUFA oils.
4) Artificial Sweeteners & Additives- aspartame, saccharin, HFCS, carrageenan, etc.
5) Conventional, Grain-fed Meats- mainly beef, chicken, & pork are fed high Omega-6 diet
6) Processed Meats- bacon, hot dogs, bologna, sausage, jerky
7) Gluten - especially from mass-marketed breads that speed up processes
8) Drinking too much alcohol
- Comment below if you have any questions on any of this.
#inflammation #antiinflammatory #functionalmedicine #immunesystem #nutrition #health #wellness #cleaneating #eatclean #healthychoices #wholefood #eatsmart #fatloss #goals #gethealthy #whole30 #paleo #veggies #guthealth #mealprep #mealplan #healthy #healthyeating #organic #getfit #keto #immuneboost #recovery #injury