Fall sunsets 🌅💓
We’re entering the dark days of winter in the Upper Midwest, where sunsets usually happen when I’m still in the office 😒
So to prepare for the season of darkness I’ve been focusing a lot on self- love. Listening to what my soul wants and managing what by body needs. .
Change can be awkward and stressful and scary. Whether it’s the change of season or shifts in other aspects of life, it’s so so super important to control what you can to guide yourself through as smoothly as possible. .
Here’s what I’ve been doing lately to de-stress and re-energize, maybe you’ll find these helpful too:
• take more baths 🛁
• dance in the kitchen, or literally anywhere, just move ya body🕺
• find new ways to do normal things, like going to the gym on a Friday night or grocery shop on a Thursday 💪😆 (yes, I’m so wild)
• clean, the activity itself is therapeutic and it so much easier to relax in a clean space
• try something new, because why the heck not
• read 📚🤓
• turn off your devices and spend a day, or just a few hours, occupying yourself without the crutch of the internet, let your creative brain take over 🗑📲
• nourish your bod with clean, healthy meals 🥦🥕🥑
• journal your thoughts and feelings, this is helpful to wrangle your emotions especially if your feeling down, mostly though it’s just really fun for someone to read your thoughts and feelings when the journal is found in a box somewhere in a few years...hopefully that someone is you and not the people you wrote about 🙊🤣🤣
Let me know if you have other great ideas for self love this season. I’d love to add to my list! ❤️🙌