Another day another loaf - you bread’er believe it! This is one of my family’s fav Lemon Olive Oil cake and it’s because it has a real lemony zing which we love!! Full recipe below👇🏼 but for more recipe details: link to it on the blog is above👆🏼 - happy Tuesday!!! Hope you guys have a really good one! 😊😊
Makes 2 small loaves or 1 larger one
For the cake
* 3 Tbsp light corn syrup * 4 eggs
* ¾ cup plus 2 tbsps sugar * 1¾ cups AP flour
* 2 tsp baking powder
* ½ tsp salt
* Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
* ⅞ cup (200 mL) olive oil
For the lemon syrup (can halve this if you don’t want it as moist/soaked) * 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup water
* 11/2 cup lemon juice
For the lemon glaze
* 3 to 4 Tbsp lemon juice
* 2 cups icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two small loaf pans or one larger one with parchment paper.
3. In a food processor, place the corn syrup and eggs and blend until the mixture is light and frothy. (Alternatively, you can use a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.) Once the mixture starts to get fluffy, slowly stream in the sugar and continue to blend until almost white.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the food processor, add the lemon zest, and process until everything is combined. Continue to process and slowly add in the olive oil until fully emulsified.
6. Scrape the batter into the parchment-lined loaf pans/pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.(closer to 50 minutes if baking one large loaf)
7. While the cake is baking, make the lemon syrup: In a small pot, bring the sugar and water just to a boil, stirring often, until the sugar is fully dissolved. Pour into a heatproof bowl and allow to cool to room temperature. Stir in the lemon juice. (The lemon syrup can be made ahead of time and will keep for several weeks in the refrigerator.)
9. Remove the loaves/loave from the oven and brush with the lemon syrup while still hot. Allow to cool completely.
11. Make the lemon glaze: Whisk the lemon juice