Looking for a great gift idea for someone on your list? Why not give them the gift of heart health? Cooking at home is a great way to #EatSmart... as long as you have the right tools. Check out our list of the top 5 kitchen must haves:
1. Chef’s knife – If you can only afford one kitchen knife, this is the one to own. This large knife, either 8-inch or 10-inch, can chop tough cuts of meat but also slice through a delicate tomato.
2. Thermometers – If you cook meat, poultry or fish, a food thermometer is a must-have tool because eating healthy also means eating safe.
3. Roasting sheet – This heavy-duty baking tray with an edge is perfect for roasting vegetables.
4. Colander – This inexpensive strainer, some with feet, can be used for many things. Usually for draining pasta, use your colander to drain and rinse canned beans, a process that removes even more of the sodium. Use it to wash and pat dry delicate fresh fruits and vegetables, like berries and lettuce. You can even place a metal colander into a large pot filled halfway with water and use to steam vegetables or fish.
5. Kitchen Tongs – Many cooks think of tongs an extension of their hands while cooking. You can use tong for many things in the kitchen including stir frying or sautéing; tossing a salad; removing corn on the cob or pasta from boiling water; handling baked potatoes; or turning hot trays in the oven. .
#cooking #homecooking #homechef #health #healthy #healthyfood #healthychoices #healthyeating #healthyliving #healthylifestyle #healthylife #instahealth #eathealthy