Roasted Butternut Squash with veggies and crispy chickpeas! Simple, healthy and delicious. 😁 This would be a great one for vegan Xmas dinner, maybe with cranberries to give more of a Christmassy feel. 🎄🎅
✔️1 butternut squash ✔️tinned chickpeas ✔️ 1/2 courgette ✔️handful mushrooms ✔️half carrot ✔️ 1 tsp maple syrup ✔️ 1 tsp liquid smoke ✔️1/2 tsp garlic granules ✔️1/2 tsp onion powder ✔️1/2 tsp chilli powder ✔️mixed seeds and nuts ✔️parsley ✔️chilli flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 180C Fan
2. Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds, drizzle with oil and face down on a tray, bake for 25 mins.
3. Chop the onion, carrot and courgette. In a bowl mix with rapeseed oil, maple syrup, liquid smoke, garlic, onion powder and season.
4. Take the squash out and turnover, add the other veggies and bake for another 20 mins.
5. Drain and rinse the chickpeas and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes, shake the pan every now and then. In a bowl mix with olive oil, chili powder and salt. Toss well to coat the chickpeas evenly. Bake for another 5 mins.
6. Garnish with nuts and seeds, chilli flakes and parsley
#butternutsquash #roastedbutternutsquash #roastedveggies #chickpeas #veganxmas #christmasdinner