Requested post: How we made the hay feeder
We’ve had the hay feeder for two years now and it works great! It will not follow us to our new apartment though, but we’ll still keep it in the house and use it when we come back on visits. I have a new furniture that’ll be placed in the apartment (which I’m going to show you in another post 🤪). Anyways! This is simply how we made it:
1. You need a litter box in a size you prefer, mine is about 54x40.
2. You need a handy person in your life to help you, if you’re not handy yourself. I used my dad, haha.
3. Chose some wooden planks that aren’t treated with anything and pick the size you want. The idea is simply to “build around” your litter box.
4. My hay feeder is 60x56, my dad had a pretty good idea on how to build it and he said it was like building a box. We made a split in the plank on top of the litter box to be able to put hay inside. We just used the measures that made the hay feeder look good and improvised a lot.
5. We bought some round wooden “bars” and placed them with 2,5-3 cm in between, so the hay won’t fall out too easily but still be easy for them to reach and eat. Last thing we did was to paint it white and let it dry for about 3 days until I used it for the first time.
There are many different ways to build these! Maybe these pictures will give you some ideas that can be helpful if you’re thinking about making one yourself