Aniseed Cake with Tahini Glaze.. I’ll just leave this here! Swipe through for ingredients photo and check previous video for a step by step recipe.💙
الوصفة والفيديو بالعربي في البوست اللي قبل. المكونات المصورة موجودة بين الصور لتحفظوها وترجعولها بسهولة، اسحبوا الشاشة..
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 & 1/4 cup sugar, omit 1/4 cup of sugar if you’ll add the tahini glaze
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup hot milk
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp carbonate is soda
- 3 tsp anise powder
- 2 tsp whole aniseed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Stir aniseed in hot milk and set aside for 10 minutes to soften and infuse flavor.
- Combine flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, powdered anise & salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat sugar & oil.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mix & anise infused milk to the creamed mixture. Keep mixing until batter is smooth.
- Grease or oil spray a bundt cake pan (ring shaped with a hole in the middle) and sprinkle coat with sesame. Sprinkle as much as you wish to cover.
- Pour or spoon batter slowly into the bundt pan to keep the sesame in place.
- Sprinkle more sesame on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes on the middle rack. Time might differ from one oven to another.
- Cake is done when a toothpick comes out clean and the cake springs back to the touch.
- You can dust powdered sugar on top, only after it cools completely.
- Serve with a tea & enjoy 🤗
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, 15g
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Melt butter a in small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in tahini and milk, stirring constantly until well-blended, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar & lemon juice. Whisk vigorously to dissolve sugar lumps.
- While the cake is slightly warm, pour glaze over cake. Scoop up any glaze that has dripped off and spoon over cake again.
- Allow to cool completely before serving, only if you can wait!😉