🥧Pecan Pie 🥧 ‘Tis the season! My friends took me out to dinner for my birthday this year and when it came time for dessert the waitress came over with a whole tray of delicious, creamy, chocolatey, caramely desserts. Without even thinking, I went straight for the pecan pie and my friends burst into laughter. They couldn’t believe out of all the options on the tray, I chose pecan pie. What can I say, pecan pie steals my heart! Who’s with me?
1 1/2 c flour
1/4 c sugar
3/4 c vegetable oil
1 1/2 TBSP white vinegar
1/2 c sugar
1 c corn syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2-3 c pecan halves, divided
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat an 11-inch pie dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Crust: in a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, oil and vinegar; mix to form a soft dough.
3. Press crust mixture evenly against bottom and sides of prepared pan. (You might want to put it over a baking sheet in the oven in case it spills). 4. Filling: In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, corn syrup, salt, and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in half the pecans. Spoon filling into crust.
5. Arrange remaining pecans in a circular pattern on top of pie.
6. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until set and edges of crust are golden brown.
#pecanpie #pecans #pie #fall #dessert #heaven #drooling #yum #food #foodmood #foodie #foodpics #foodpassion #foodies #goodfood #foodporn #instafood #forkyeah #foodandwine #instayum #foodpics #foodpassion
Recipe source: Silver Platter, Simple Elegance