No mocking the baby hands! Just focus on that delectable homemade BBQ sauce and that ultra tender brisket …. – N x
SLOW COOKER BEEF BRISKET with BBQ Sauce | Serves 8 - 10
The BBQ Sauce has a mild tingle of spiciness from the black pepper and cayenne pepper. Adjust the cayenne pepper to reduce spiciness.
1 tbsp brown sugar + 2 tsp paprika + 1/2 tsp cumin + 3/4 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp EACH onion powder, garlic powder
1 tsp salt + 1/2 tsp black pepper
1.5 – 2 kg / 3 – 4 lb beef brisket
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tsp EACH black pepper, onion powder, mustard powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust to taste re: spiciness)
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Place Rub in a bowl and mix to combine.
2. Rub all over brisket with your hands. If time permits, leave for 30 minutes – 24 hours in the fridge, but I rarely do this.
3. Combine BBQ Sauce ingredients in a slow cooker. Mix then add the brisket – squish it in if needed, like I did (see video).
4. Slow cook in slow cooker for 8 hours (1.5 kg / 3 lb) to 10 hours (2 kg / 4 lb). (See recipe on my site for other methods)
5. Remove brisket onto a tray.
6. Pour liquid in slow cooker into a saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium high heat and reduce until it thickens to a syrup consistency (it thickens more as it cools).
7. Meanwhile, roast brisket in 200C/390F oven for 15 minutes until brown spots appear. Remove then baste generously with Sauce, then return to oven for 5 minutes. Remove and baste again, then return to oven for 5 – 10 minutes until it caramelises and looks like the photos. This step is terrific done on a BBQ as well – gorgeous smokey flavour!!!
8. TO SERVE: Slice brisket thinly across the grain and serve with remaining BBQ Sauce. Terrific as a meal with sides or piled high onto rolls with Coleslaw as sliders. See recipe on my site for links to Southern sides!
#recipetineats #ourplatesdaily #foodgawker #FoodWineWomen #feedfeed #f52grams #thekitchn #thatsdarling #tastespotting#TODAYFoodClub #buzzfeast #bhgfood #huffposttaste #recipe #igfood #instayum #hautecuisines #huffpostgram