A little #tbt and #transformationtuesday combo for you... 🙃
WHAT. A. F*CKING. YEAR.
Right: April 2018
* Got fired from my job
* Had bronchitis for 4 months
* Lost 12lb...(mostly muscle)
* Broke a rib (from bronchitis)
* Relationship changes & personal stress
* On the verge of losing my mind- DRAINED.
Left: December 2018
* New job, and seeking new challenges
* Moved 2 more times... moving again this month!
* Battling severe asthma/allergy issues
* Gained back ALL 12lb 😋
* Rehabilitating myself * Relationship is changing... aka growing! 🥰
* Lost my mind but finding more of myself each day
When I became injured, I had lost the ability to maintain the one element of my life I was still grasping onto: fitness. It made me angry that I couldn’t lift, run, NOTHING! I was able to manage on a seated exercise bike, which was still pushing it. Everything hurt; breathing hurt. I was miserable, in pain, weak, exhausted, but did it anyway.
After a 4th trip to the doctor, I was finally forced to listen to what my body needed. I needed sleep, rest, proper nutrition, my family, a LOT of meditation, a little medication, and to regain the elements of myself I lost by ignoring my body. My priorities were jacked. The lesson I grew to learn was what truly humbling myself felt like. Accepting that I can’t always be my “best” but rather being the best I can be at that exact moment.
I learned that setbacks can actually be like a spring-loaded jump start to the next version of your better self. What’s growth without growing pains, right? Embrace them! Make them your bitch. Don’t like what you see? Go do something about it. Things always get better, you’re the only one in your way.