Boredom is often the cause of dog behavior problems if our dogs have nothing to do, they will often find an outlet for their boredom, unfortunately not always one that we appreciate. To mention only a few of the problem behaviors that spring to my mind: digging, restlessness, humping, urinating, unwanted barking, and whining, escaping our house or garden and destroying furniture and walls.
By adding activities for dogs to our dogs’ lives we can avoid struggling against challenging problem behaviors, our dogs will feel a lot less frustrated and our lives a lot less stressful.
We can very easily help our dogs to find a purpose by making a few changes in our daily life.
Ten minutes is all it takes, the saying “go big or go home” is not very useful when we want to change our habits. My advice to you is to keep the enrichment initiative as simple as possible, especially in the beginning.
Top enrichment ideas
1.Throw away your pup’s food bowl
2. Bring your pup’s breakfast on the morning walk, find a peaceful place, scatter the food for your pup to find.
3. Enroll in an online dog training community, get inspiration, support and cheering from fellow dog lovers and trainers.
4. Use a part of your pup’s daily food as treats throughout the day.
5. Use a #Kong or use a dog food enrichment toy, I prefer the Starmark Bob-a-lot or Snoop which is very gentle on my wooden floors and my ears.
6. Let your dog take you for a #sniffsafari
Download our full calendar, video tutorials, and explanations. Link in bio