It’s summer in the Northern Hemisphere but my soup-loving self is still sipping on warm comforting bowls of goodness like this one . Bursting with flavor , rich, satisfying, and vegan It turned out thick enough to also eat on top of rice noodles (or rice!) as a delicious curry dish.
Here’s the recipe
7-8 garlic cloves
2 lemongrass stalks
2 thumb-sized peeled fresh ginger
4-5 kaffir lime leaves
1 + 1 teaspoons coconut or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon curry powder 1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 can coconut milk
1 can coconut cream
2 cups water
450 grams extra firm tofu, diced
1 can creamed corn
• In a food processor, pulse the garlic, ginger, lemongrass, and lime leaves with 1 teaspoon oil to form a paste.
• Heat the remaining teaspoon of oil in a medium pot, and fry the paste in it on medium heat until it’s aromatic.
• Add in the turmeric powder and curry powder and combine.
• Add the coconut milk, water, and fish sauce and bring the pot to a simmer.
• Strain the contents of the pot to get a clearer broth (I use an immersion/hand blender before I strain, to keep in as much of the aromatics as I can).
• Add in the corn and tofu and let the soup cook on low heat for about 20 minutes. Taste to adjust seasoning.
• Finally, add in the coconut cream and turn the heat off shortly after (I find that cooking coconut cream makes it runny).
• Garnish with chili flakes, fresh cilantro, roasted peanuts, let your tastebuds guide the way!
#souprecipe #soups #veganrecipes #ihavethisthingwithsoup #kuwaitfood #homemade #foodblog #foodblogger #foodblogfeed #KSgram #f52grams #shareyourtable #huffposttaste #buzzfeedfood #buzzfeast #myallrecipes #bonappetit #tasteofhome #feedfeed #thekitchn #epicurious #beautifulcuisines #tastingtable #TOHFoodie #imsomartha #heresmyfood #tastemadetryouts #gloobyfood #hushgloss #olivemeetscoconut