I graduated from Manners 3 class at Paw School last week so today I started Manners 4, which is Canine Good Citizen Prep class! My puppy raiser and I have loved all our classes here but are really excited to work on all the tasks that will be on the CGC test before taking it sometime in the new few months when I am ready 🐶
Today we worked on the following:
- SIT and DOWN STAY while 1 other dog at a time worked on COME with the instructor
- COME where my raiser put me in a WAIT while she walked to another cone. The instructor was impressed I run right to Becca and immediately sit in front of her.
- Built on the last task by doing the above, but first I was put in a SIT STAY while Becca walked across to another cone, came back to reward me for staying and then went back and called me to COME
- Loose leash walking in a big circle with the other dogs, having to slow down or speed up based on how slow or fast the person was in front of us
- Loose leash walking while our instructor walked in front of, next to, and behind us with either a walker or a wheelchair
- Finally, our instructor dropped a metal dog bowl to see how we’d react. For the test they will do this and while your allowed to look or stare, they want to be sure you can recover just fine. I could’ve cared less about this, half the time I looked for a second, the other half I just kept staring at my puppy raiser.
I am learning so much and am becoming smarter every day! Now I’ve gotta get some rest because we are off to agility class tomorrow! •
#herodogsinc #herodogs #servicedogintraining #sdit #servicedogsforamericasheroes #yellowlab #labsofinstagram #labradorretriever #dogtraining #dogobedience #clicker #clickertraining