Spiced chicken skewers with apple & pea chutney by @deliciousmag -
1. For the marinade, blend the garlic, ginger and chilli in a blender or food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl, add the yogurt, ground cumin, fennel and cinnamon, then season well and mix. Add the chicken cubes and stir to coat them in the marinade. Leave for at least 20 minutes (ideally overnight).
2. Heat the grill to medium. Push the marinated chicken pieces onto the skewers and put them on a wire rack under the grill for 22-25 minutes until lightly charred, turning them carefully halfway through to ensure they cook evenly.
3. While the chicken skewers are cooking, melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion, ginger and crushed cardamom and cook for 1-2 minutes until softening. Stir in the spinach, tomatoes and coriander, cover with a lid, then remove from the heat.
4. For the apple and pea chutney, whizz the apple, coriander, lime zest and juice, red chilli and peas in a blender or food processor until roughly blended. Add a splash of water to loosen if needed.
5. Serve the chicken skewers with the spinach and tomatoes, chutney and some brown rice, if you like.
300g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 4cm cubes, 1 tsp coconut oil, 1 red onion, thinly sliced
5cm piece fresh ginger, grated
2 green cardamom pods, seeds removed and crushed. 100g spinach, finely chopped, 25g cherry tomatoes, halved, Small bunch fresh coriander, leaves and stalks finely chopped, Brown rice to serve (optional)
For the marinade
3 garlic cloves
4cm piece fresh ginger
1 green chilli, deseeded
25g greek yogurt
1 tsp each ground cumin, ground fennel and ground cinnamon
For the apple and pea chutney
1 apple, cored and roughly chopped
Small bunch fresh coriander
Grated zest and juice 1 lime
1 red chilli, deseeded
75g peas, fresh or defrosted if frozen
You’ll also need... 4 wooden skewers, soaked, or metal skewers -
Nutritional info per serving
Fat9g (3.7g saturated)
Carbohydrates18.3g (13.5g sugars)