Want your partner to look at you the way I look at this tree(😂)? Keep reading for the exercise below.
Let’s just end the myth right now that your partner should automatically know what you need. You and your partner must teach each other in order to have a harmonious love filled relationship. Don’t expect someone to magically know how to make you feel safe, loved, and seen. Feel into what you need and then communicate that. So often, we do things for a partner because we think it will make them feel loved, but they are actually needing something completely different. For example, you could be complimenting your partner because that’s your love language, but they actually want you do do more house chores, because that’s their love language. 🌙
Here’s a great exercise that me and my partner absolutely love:
1. Both write down 10 ways you do to make your partner feel loved.
2. Read them out loud to each other.
3. Both write down 10 things your partner could do to you to make you feel loved.
4. Read them out loud to each other.
5. Find what you do for your lover in the first list that doesn’t match their second list.
6. Try to do something on your loves second list every day. This could be as small as making them tea or giving them a long hug. ❤️✨