A winter salad is always in order! Enjoy seasonal citrus as part of the salad, and as the base for a delicious citrus vinaigrette for this Kale, Avocado & Citrus Salad. Tip: Tenderize kale by “massaging” with the dressing prior to adding the other ingredients:
1 bunch Tuscan kale, destemmed, leaves torn into bite-sized pieces
1 orange, sectioned
1 grapefruit, sectioned
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1 avocado, sliced
2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
CITRUS VINAIGRETTE INGREDIENTS:
3 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
1 teaspoon stoneground mustard
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Prepare the kale by de-stemming and tearing the leaves into bite-sized pieces.
2. In a small bowl, whisk all of dressing ingredients together.
3. Dress the kale with the vinaigrette and massage with the dressing until the kale is tender.
4. Prepare the grapefruit and oranges by sectioning out the fruit from the pith and peel. Slice the red onion and avocado.
5. Layer the salad with the orange, grapefruit, red onion, avocado, and feta.
#acornfarm #acornfarmmi #acornfarmcooks #milfordcooks #shoplocalmilford #cookingmilford #milfordmi #whatsinstoreacornfarm #cookingacornfarm #milfordcookingclasses #acornfarmcookingclasses #milfordkitchenstore
#downtownmilford #meetmeinmilford #milford #milfordcookingschool