Make perfectly garlicky and buttery homemade garlic naan at home with this basic easy naan bread recipe.
You will need half a cup of milk, half a cup of Greek yoghurt, 2 cups all-purpose flour, 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder, half a teaspoon baking soda, half a teaspoon of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup of butter, 4 cloves of garlic, crushed, 1 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley or cilantro.
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and yoghurt. Set aside.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl or on a clean work surface. Make a well and slowly add in milk-yoghurt mix bit-by-bit, combining with the flower. Knead into a soft dough. Gather into bowl and cover for 1 hour.
3. Lightly dust your work surface with flour. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces and use a rolling pin to flatten and stretch out.
4. He took a heavy bottomed or cast iron skillet (with a lid, preferably a glass lid) over high heat. Brush one side of the naan with water and place in the skillet, water side down.
5. Cover the pan and cook for 30 seconds, then check it to see if it has started to bubble and rise.
6. Is a pair of tongs and take it off the pan and cook the uncooked side over direct flames until it starts to char. Alternatively, flip and cook the pan until it starts to brown.
7. When the noun is browned on both sides, brush with garlic butter. Repeat with the remaining dough and enjoy!
#dinner #curry #naan #foodie #cheatday #goodfood