Shots from a 2-mountain day, going to temples 20 (Kakurinji) and 21 (Tairyuji). (Wed, March 7.)
1-3: the climb to Kakurinji. (Estimated 1.5-2 hours; it took me 2.5ish, which is as expected.)
I don’t know if 2 gets across how steep that section is. It was something like 40 degrees; I couldn’t have stayed upright without my poles.
3. さあ、がんばって - all right, go for it! — motivational message hanging along the trail
4. quick scene at Kakurinji (with the child-shaped signs letting us know where the major parts of the temple are)
5. henro hut at the base of the descending path (with a couple of Awa Odori dancers made out of pipes)
6. Selfie! Wearing my Buff head/neck covering to keep my hair in check, along with my hakui (white vest), wagesa (purple stole), and zudabukuro (front-hanging bag holding pilgrimage items and other necessities).
7. Tairyuji ropeway (cable car) over the Naka River. I took the ropeway up due to being too tired to hike a second mountain, not having time to do so anyway, and wanting to keep moving the next day.
8. Engrish shirt :D
9. Lanterns outside Tairyuji
#shikokupilgrimage #shikoku #henro #shikokuhenro #88temples #kakurinji #tairyuji #engrish #tokushima #naka #nakariver #四国遍路 #四国 #遍路 #鶴林寺 #太龍寺 #四国八十八ヶ所 #那珂川 #那珂郡 #徳島県