Everyone wants a quick fix, everyone wants results now. The problem is that this mindset alone could be the thing that’s ruining your progress. So here are five tips to avoid getting stuck in this trap and to be able to get to the point where you can achieve your results as well as keep them.
1. Binge foods: Figure out what foods you will binge on and put them on a list. Now you must make a promise to yourself that you will not buy these foods anymore. Binge foods are foods that you know you will demolish, you know you will eat the whole pack of. I try avoids buying biscuits or chippies for that reason.
2. Alternative foods: Now that you know the foods to avoid, you now need to find an alternative to them to avoid cravings. This can either be similar product but lower calories or a completely different product. For example, a small low calorie ice cream instead of Ben and Jerries’ or no butter popcorn instead of crisps
3. Crash Diets: Crash Diets are useful for when you need to drop weight for a specific event, a holiday, a photoshoot etc. They are not maintainable though. So, in order to get into a shredded shape and to keep it you need to keep on that diet. Crash diets are not healthy long term, hence they are not a good idea for those that want to stay in that shape.
4. Body types: know your body type and how you work. If you can’t lose weight on carbs, then drop carbs. If you must work hard to burn calories, then work hard. It is a matter of trial and error but once you find how your body adapts it will become a lot easier.
5. Training styles for max results: Bigger guys can lose weight by resistance training alone along side a good diet. Guys that weight less must incorporate higher intensities on either circuit training or fasted cardio along side the diet. The heavier you are, the more you get away with.
Remember getting into shape is a very big process and it takes time. I will be releasing content soon on mindset and how to get into superhero shape in the next month or so, so keep an eye out. Turn post notifications on!