Not a fan of beetroot? Then give these a try... #Repost @aldiuk (@get_repost)
You’ve heard of beetroot brownies, but had you heard of sweet potato brownies? Their natural sweetness means you don’t need as much sugar as usual. It also makes the texture super fudgy 🤤. Find the recipe below. Tag someone who would love these!
2 halved sweet potatoes (around 400g)
100g cubed unsalted butter
200g chopped dark chocolate
125g light soft brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract
100g self-raising flour
25g cocoa powder
1 tsp ground ginger
100g dark chocolate chips
1. Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 and butter and line a square 20cm brownie tin.
2. Wrap the sweet potatoes in foil, put on a baking sheet and roast for 35-45 minutes or until soft.
3. Once cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh and measure 200g into a bowl.
4. In a pan, melt the butter and chopped chocolate over a low heat, stirring regularly.
5. Add the light soft brown sugar to the sweet potato, beat until smooth and stir through the melted chocolate and butter.
6. Slowly mix in the beaten egg, then the vanilla extract. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and ground ginger and mix well.
7. Fold in the chocolate chips, pour into the brownie tin and smooth the top.
8. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until just set and still a little soft in the middle. Cool in the tin then remove and cut into pieces.
#AldiUK #NewYearNewYou #Brownies #AldiEverydayAmazing #SavingFeelsAmazing