Let me tell you a little story about Lemongrass so you do not make the same mistake that I did. 🤦♀️ I had heard that Lemongrass was a great alternative to nail polish remover. I decided to try it out after I ruined my beautiful nails by biting them off (after one breaks, they all have to go). Well, I decided to try this out while I was relaxing in the bathtub. Thankfully, I did this after I had already washed my body and hair. The Lemongrass worked great! It easily removed the midnight blue polish. I then rinsed my face and hopped out of the tub. 🛀
Immediately my face started burning. Like on fire! My face turned red and I put my oil based makeup remover on my face to ease the burning. That immediately cooled my face and calmed the redness. I then started feeling the burn on my leg. Yep, big ol’ red splotch there too. After about 5 or 10 minutes, all was better but holy cow, Lemongrass is a “hot oil!” Moral of the story: •Oil and water don’t mix
•Lemongrass is a “hot oil”, it will burn your skin.
•If you happen to get a “hot oil” on your skin, ease it by applying a carrier oil (coconut, almond, grape seed, olive, jojoba, whatever you have nearby).
•Sometimes you just learn your lessons the hard way. 😂
I’m sure I’m not alone. I’ve definitely heard of people grabbing an oil thinking it was a different oil and ending up in a similar situation. Anyone else have a funny story or words of wisdom?