Brekky - Smashed banana with poached pear and cinnamon. 🍌Banana is an easy fruit to give your baby that’s packed full of nutrients. It’s easy for your baby to digest and will keep them fuller for longer. However it can be a little constipating (or produce harder stools). 🍐 Pears are rich in antioxidants, promotes a healthy digestive tract and prevents constipation. ➕Cinnamon is high in antioxidants, anti inflammatory, improves immune systems, promotes skeletal growth and boosts digestion.
All 3 ingredients work in perfect harmony together and they all contain iron which is important when you start introducing solids because breastfed babies iron levels decrease between 4-6 months so it’s important that they get iron elsewhere as it’s essential for their development. 👩🍳 Recipe:
All ingredients are organic.
1. I use bosc pears as they hold their shape beautifully when cooked, plus they smell a-maz-ing.
2. Poach as many pears as you want and boil them whole in filtered water. Once they are soft, let them cool.
3. Chop the seeds out of the middle (or any hard bits) and blend with a mixer. Add some boiled pear water in if needed for a smoother purée.
4. Put in ice cube trays, freeze, label and store in freezer.
5. Simply heat pear cube (x 2) in microwave until defrosted and warm, then smash 1 whole fresh banana in and add half a teaspoon of cinnamon.
6. Mix together, bon appetit.
PS - don’t waste the boiled pear water, drink as tea 🤤 YUM!
#healthybubba #banana #pear #boscpear #cinnamon #breakfastforbabies #babyfood #organicfoods #healthyfood #babypuree #babypureerecipe