If you'll visit Tawi-Tawi, do not forget to include Bud Bongao in your itinerary.
Bud Bongao is Tawi-Tawi’s most famous mountain, sprouting 340 meters above sea level. It’s known to be a pilgrimage site for both Christians and Muslims. Along the way, you'll see Philippine long-tailed macaques roaming freely, and the sacred burial sites of muslim missionaries.
The climb is relatively easy due to its established trail. It will take 1-2 hours of your time to reach the summit, still depending on your pace.
1. There is an entrance fee/maintenance fee of 20php for visitors outside Bongao, 10php for locals, and 5php for 7-18 years old.
2. Wear comfortable clothes and footwears (sandals or hiking shoes)
3. Bring drinking water (I know you don't want to get thirsty.)
4. Bring bananas for the monkeys (A MUST. Don't try to anger them)
5. GIGO (garbage in, garbage out). Follow the Leave no trace policy.
6. Enjoy the climb and the view.
#budbongao #bongao #tawitawi #mindanao #philippines #itsmorefuninthephilippines