This meal has become a favorite dish to make! It is a Thai inspired dish with @lotusfoods black/brown rice noodles, lots of steamed veggies and tofu, topped with a sauce made with coconut/Bragg aminos, almond butter, maple syrup, lemon juice and tamarind! So incredibly simple to make and honestly one of our favorite meals right now
What's your favorite meal right now? Let us know in the comments below!
mac and avocado “cheese” this is a super weird but really yummy recipe that my friend and i kind of invented. it has 2 avocados , one tomato , half and onion, some olive oil, water, garlic powder, salt and pepper. we blended all of that together and the result was this creamy avocado sauce! i really recommend this, it has a strong flavor but it’s good
1 brick of tofu
1 bunch of spinach
Garlic (the more the better!)
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp coconut oil (or oil of choice)
1. Heat oil in a sauté pan on medium and add diced potato and pinch of salt. Cover and cook until desired softness.
2. Whole potato is cooking, combine salt, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, and turmeric. Add a splash of water and stir into a thin paste.
3. After potato is desired texture, move to one side of the pan and crumble tofu in the other side of the pan.
3. Stir spice paste into tofu until well coated.
4. Cut tomato and stir in. Add garlic as desired.
5. Move the scramble to one side of the pan. Cut off stems of spinach and add to other side of the pan. Stir until well cooked.
6. Stir scramble together and serve!
Note: Feel free to add/remove veggies as you please! This is a great way to get rid of anything in your fridge that is nearing the end of its life.
Thank you #minimalistbaker for the spice paste and inspiration!
Smoked tofu salad (using @sunrisesoyafoods tofu)
This is really quick to make:
I buy a box of mixed greens, add spices, lemon & vinegar to it, top it with & then smoked tofu cut into tiny pieces (which helps me actually eat slower & appreciate the taste more).
Talking about taste, this has been my favorite tofu kind for more than a year, if you ever find it definitely try it, it’s so different than firm tofu tastewise & actually surprisingly tastes very similar to « smoked turkey breast slice » so I trust you’ll really like it if you like « deli cold cuts » ... I use it directly as is no need to cook it, I like this one cold ... oh AND they also have sriracha flavor