Phu Tho Provence, Vietnam 03/01/19.
Day 2 in Phu Tho started with a visit to the Phu Tho Town College of Medicine, where @deakinmedicine and Phu Tho students got to meet, chat, and show us around their college. Never seen so many selfies in my life! We also attended the Phu Tho Town hospital, attached to the training college. After another amazing lunch with the students, teachers and clinicians, we visited Hung Vuong Private Hospital, the first private hospital in Phu Tho. Highlights included observing the blending of Western medicine with holistic, patient-valued traditions, and a very generous welcome involving singing, dancing, examples of cultural dress, and a somewhat epic Gala Dinner with the hospital staff, with all the food sourced from the hospital farm.
1. Students from Deakin Medicine & Phu Tho Medical College posing on steps of college
2. Students from both schools mingle in courtyard, getting to know each other
3. Visiting the clinical skills labs at Phu Tho Medical College
4. Phu Tho & Deakin students around the lunch table
5. Deakin students welcomed to Hung Vuong Private Hospital by staff (feat. Massive, beautiful bouquet I had to leave in Hanoi)
6. Students discuss local prescribing procedures in the Hung Vuong Hospital dispensary
7. Evidence of my doing my job 😉 Making one of many speeches this trip
8. Hospital staff introduce us to dance traditions during the offical welcome to the hospital
9. The start of an impressive spread during the Gala Dinner, all grown and made by the hospital.
10. The only porridge I’m happy to eat. Delicious savoury carbs at the end of the night.
#deakindoctors #deakindocs #deakinabroad #deakin #deakinmedicine #medschool #medicalschool #studytour #deakindoctorsinvietnam #ncpdeakin #ncp #newcolomboplan @newcolomboplan @deakin_abroad @deakinuniversity @medusa.deakin @deakinhealthglobal @uhad_deakin @deakininternational #fifoacademic #academiclife #postdoclife #worktravel #workperks #docsworldtour #vietnam #phutho @australiainvietnam