In 1643, the weaponsmith and owner of Lyngby Mill, Jacob Petz, got royal permission to construct another weaponry on Mølleåen, located between Ørholm Mill and Stampen. He had signed a contract with the king for the delivery of 2000 muskets to the armory in Copenhagen. However, it is unclear whether the mill was set up under Petz, but Henrik Müller, the owner of Hjortholm Mill, discovered the possibility of constructing a mill on the line, and he just lacked a hammer mill for his copperworks. He therefore obtained royal permission to make this one in the 1650s.
When King Frederik 3. in 1668, took over Hjortholm Mill in connection with plans to construct a Frederiksdal the Newmill followed with it. When the mills were taken over by Christian 5's Queen, Charlotte Amalie, she leased Newmill to Henrik Ehm, who already rented Fuglevad Mill and Broad Mill. The most important fixture from the decayed Hjortholm copper mill was moved to Nymølle, or "The little copperworks", as it was called.
In the period 1681 to 1696 the mill was leased by Lorentz Badstuber (dead 1692), but from 1696 it was again Ehm who stood for the mill's operation. In 1699 he gained privilege on the sale of copper products. The copper goods that came from the mill were stamped with the queen's monogram, and when it went to Princess Sophie Hedevig with her monogram. #mill #weapon #armory #tøjhus #copperwork #king #queen #princess #weaponsmith #weaponry #permission #hjortholm #nymølle #mølleåen #ørholm #brede #lyngby #kongenslyngby #kongernesnordsjælland #kanokajakcenter #visitnordsjælland #visitdenmark #ig_europe #ig_europa #ig_denmark