Cheesy Fried Plantain Quesadillas
Quesadillas filled with ground beef, crispy fried plantains, veggies and cheesy goodness! The crunchy fried plantains give these quesadillas the most delicious flavor.
1. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped red bell pepper, 1 chopped green pepper, 1/2 lb ground beef, 4 crushed garlic cloves, 1 can drained black beans, 1/3 cup tomato paste, salt, pepper, 1tbsp chili powder, 1/2 tbsp cumin, 1/2 tbsp paprika and 2 bay leaves.
2. Sautee for about 15-20 mins or until ground beef is cooked through.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Layer a regular taco sized flour tortilla with cheese, then meat mixture, then chopped fried plantains, and then cheese again. Place another flour tortilla on top of layers.
5. Place the quesadilla in a lightly greased skillet and cook on each side for about 2-3 mins over medium high heat. Be careful flipping quesadilla over. Make sure to use a large spatula when flipping and then hold the cool side of the quesadilla with your hand and lay it in the skillet gently.
6. Slice quesadillas into triangles and serve with desired toppings (lime, guacamole, sour cream).