The Request: “This lamp would be better if it were a little taller, like the one that broke and it needs an extension cord to get to the outlet.” What that meant:
- Cut the base off of broken lamp
- Build band saw jig after serious contemplation of table saw option
- Decide to replace 4’ cord with 8’ cord so extension is no longer needed
- Locate soldering iron, flux, etc. - Watch YouTube videos and research polarized plug wiring so no one gets electrocuted. - Attempt soldering, wrap everything in heat shrink tubing just to be safe and because no one should have to see that.
- Review underwriter’s knot tutorial (Thanks @seejanedrill)
- Cross fingers that wires go to their correct terminals. (triple checked, but still)
- Realize that you could have just replaced the socket and cord in the aforementioned broken lamp.
- Be thankful that at least you made that resaw fence for the band saw. - Plug in lamp. - Success!
#diy #handy #fixityourself #resaw #wiring #reducereuse