She's not been herself this week. Grumpy 90% of the time, happy and chipper the remaining 10%, when we were around other people.
On Friday we went to see the vet again.Turned out that the ear infection was still bothering B, ánd she had lost some weight, unintentionally. Which totally freaked out Jacq.
Thankfully the vet wasn't too worried. She gave new medicine for the ears, expecting to cure the ears within the next week. And she examined B, trying to reassure Jacq about the weightloss. (That didn't work.) We'll go back next month for an extra weighing, just to make sure everything is alright. (Or a more thorough examination.) But Jacq was in total panic mode about the sudden weightloss. Rotties are prone to weight gain. Right? No matter how much I tried to reason with myself, I got lost in negative thoughts, and fear (of losing B). There are no signs of anything bad. B is eating, drinking, peeing and pooping superhealthy, and normal. But she is almost 10,5, has arthritis, the ear infection, and a mild case of stomache acid reflux. Nothing serious, really.
My sister said that fighting off an infection can cause weightloss. But that wasn't enough to ease my mind. So, I reached out to my dear @the.rottiecrew.4life for their thoughts.They are more experienced with (senior) #rottweilers than me. And they managed to calm me down with their friendship, and the more likely - common - causes of the weightloss, f.e. ageing, and the time of day of the weighing.
Just to make sure B has enough energy to battle the infection, I'm feeding her some more than usual. She gets a little reiki treatment every day, and I'll keep pampering my spoiled bear even more than usual. Next month the weighing. It's going to be a very long month for me. For sure. Any thoughts? Please, share. Although B is on several supplements, #tumeric golden paste, chia seeds, and an adjusted diet for senior dogs with arthritis, with #blueberries, #pineapple, no fish/seafood, no chicken, #glutenfree, I'm very much interested in your food wisdom and experiences with ageing dogs. Thank you in advance! ♡ #boratherottweiler #bora #boop #seniordog #please #share