Fluffy Sooji (Semolina) Upma - A delicious savoury breakfast dish loaded with cashew nuts, mustard seeds, curry leaves, onions, green chillies and ghee!
Upma is so quick and easy to make. The important step is knowing how much water to add and staying alert when adding the Upma to the boiling water.
Remember, the quantity of water should be 3 times the quantity of Sooji. So for 1 cup Sooji, 3 cups water. Also remember to add the Sooji when the water is boiling well. Be careful and keep a distance because the Sooji will splutter at this stage.
1. Dry roast 1 cup Sooji for 3-4 minutes. Keep aside.
2. Put vegetable oil in pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, grated ginger, dry red chillies, cashew nuts and Chana dal. Fry till cashews turn golden brown.
2. Add chopped onions and green chillies. Fry till onions turn translucent.
3. Add 3 cups water. Bring to a rolling boil.
4. When water is boiling well, add Sooji and stir until Sooji fluffs up and all the water evaporates.
5. Garnish with ghee and cashews and serve hot. #homemade #gharkakhana #indianfood #easyrecipe #indianrecipes #homemadefood #homemadewithlove #recipe #homecooking #onion #upma #semolina #vegetarianbreakfast #breakfast #indianbreakfast