#Latergram: This is some of my adventures at this past weekend’s #LATimes #NightMarket at @grandpark_la in #downtownlosangeles.
The cat in the first picture is not edible, but you can’t want to eat it all up. It sits with #LosAngeles City Hall in the background.
I have so many food shots from this, I’ve split the posts into meats and sweets. This is the meats portion of the tour.
The highlights include:
• #Mandoo by #Workaholic; my friend @joeyberumen had this; he could tell you what was in each dumpling
• Foldies, both beef and bean and cheese, by #RoyChoi’s #Locol
• Rich #barbecue #brisket and #porkribs from #bludsos
The latter photos come from the night market’s #taco galleria
• The first is a #shawerma taco by Hearth & Olive, which was going by the name Taco Taim (cq)
• The trio of tacos was a sampler of shrimp, short rib and skirt steak tacos by Escuela Taqueria on Beverly Boulevard near the Grove and Farmers Market and CBS Television City and Pan Pacific Park ... there sure are s lot of landmarks around Fairfax and Beverly
• I save the best for last. These creations come from #BoyleHeights-based #TodoVerde. They’re rich and meaty looking, but the surprise: these are vegan! The left item was a ceviche made of palmitas (hearts of palm), the right dish was a tostada made with a jackfruit base. These two items showcase plant-based food in the best possible light. Healthy, tasty, and guilt-free.